Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) officially launched mAadhaar app
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has officially launched mAadhaar app. Now, Aadhaar Number holders can carry their own demographic information like Name, Date of Birth, Gender and Address along with photograph in smart phones.But, we have to use registered mobile number to use mAadhaar app. If mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar then you have register the same by visiting the nearest Enrollment Centre.
Here are some of the key features of this app:
1. Aadhaar Number Holder profile download – Here, one can carry Aadhaar number with demographic details anytime, anywhere.
2. Bio-metric locking/unlocking – Once user enables Bio-metric Locking system then their bio-metric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it.
3. Time based One Time Password generation – This is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
4. Update of profile – This is updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
5. Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder – From this option one can Share QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of doing manual entry.
This app can be downloaded from following URL: